Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to find out the power (not energy) from the spectrum using Parseval's theorem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SherlockBenedict

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How to prove the parseval's theorem for a periodic wave say a sinusiod

Let

x(t)= cos ωot

We all know that the fourier transform has two impulses one at ωo and one at -ωo and the amplitude of both will be Π (pi)

But you can't prove the Parseval's theorem as the energy will be infinity and both left hand side and right hand side go to infinity.

Well what I would like to know is the power as it is finite for a periodic waveform. Will it be possible to find out the power for the above waveform using Parseval's theorem ( I need to find out the power from the spectrum i.e. frequency domain and prove that power is also conserved in both time and frequency domain) ?

Thanks in advance.

I am not sure what you are asking here. Power is something you measure across frequency, or across time; energy of the signal is across frequency/time. As far as the cos function goes, if you integrate a dirac delta function, the integral is one, not infinity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back