Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to feed the microstrip antenna with a CPW feeding

Status
Not open for further replies.

vishal_sonam

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello
i m new to hfss and i dont know how to feed the antenna with CPw feeding.
as i know, in CPW feeding the ground plane is use to be above the sustrate but i m confused because then patch is also above the substrate so if we put the ground plane above the substrate then how i will assign the ground plane as ground and how will i differentiate between the ground and the patch because they both are already above the substrate.

regards
vishal.

hello
i m new to hfss and i dont know how to feed the antenna with CPw feeding.
as i know, in CPW feeding the ground plane is use to be above the sustrate but i m confused because then patch is also above the substrate so if we put the ground plane above the substrate then how i will assign the ground plane as ground and how will i differentiate between the ground and the patch because they both are already above the substrate.

regards
vishal.
there is no field under the gnd plane, so just place a waveport from gnd plane up to a certain height above the patch. the substrate should be in between the gnd plane and the patch.

there is no field under the gnd plane, so just place a waveport from gnd plane up to a certain height above the patch. the substrate should be in between the gnd plane and the patch.

i m not agree with you, as i know in CPW feeding ground plane is above the substrate and we use lumped port in CPW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back