Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to export from Eagle schematics to LTSpice

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcioandreyoliveira

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ltspice eagle export

Hi. Does anyone know some way to export eagle schematics into a format that will let me simulate them on LTSpice?

To export from LTSpice to eagle schematic will be fine too.

Thanks.

Re: Eagle and LTSpice

hi
i used LT spice by drawing schematic in it. Never tried importing any design into it.
can we export anything into LTspice? which format does the LTspice support?
infact i couldn't find the import option in LTspice.

Regards
skr

Hi.

As LTSpice can handle netlists I'm wondering if there are anyway to export eagle schematics into a netlist file format that are understandable by LTSpice.

If you were able generate netlist on LTSpice file format you could open it directly as if netlist had been created in it.

Regards.

marcioandreyoliveira said:
Hi.

As LTSpice can handle netlists I'm wondering if there are anyway to export eagle schematics into a netlist file format that are understandable by LTSpice.

If you were able generate netlist on LTSpice file format you could open it directly as if netlist had been created in it.

Regards.

Interesting idea :D

You may play with this **broken link removed**

Good luck!

Hi, ep20k.

Thank you a lot for your answer.

I've followed your link and I found out that eaglespice is an ULP for generating a SPICE netlist for WINSPICE Spice-Engine.

I'm wondering if WINSPICE netlist and LTSpice netlist file format are similar so I can use the generated WINSPICE netlists directly on LTSpice.

I will try it this weekend.

If this approach don't work I will try to convert the script to generate netlist on LTSpice file format.

Hello marcioandreyoliveira,

Let us know, what you find out :D

This might be interesting too **broken link removed**

I will attending a seminar about LTspice tomorrow. If you have any questions, I'll ask it.

Hi.

I'll post the results of my test.

I wish to know if there are any document that explain netlist file format in a formal way.

It would be helpful in case someone (me or any friend in this forum) tries to develop a routine to generate LTSpice netlist from Eagle's schematic.

Thank you.

@ marcioandreyoliveira:

Coming from your first post,

I played with **broken link removed** and made it working just for 'Transient Analysis' (be aware, I'm not a ULP writer).

My point here is more how it should be done right. I think in a future Eagle_export_to__LPspice.ulp we should implement the .model directives from LTspice and not using the way it is done in my example.

Sorry, I didn't get any information about netlist generation in LTspice. And I think we don't need it. We should work from Eagle to LTspice.

If someone wants the handouts from the seminar, let me know.

ep20k

Hi, ep20k.

I'm so sorry I took so long to answer. I tried eaglespice but I wasn't able to make it work.

I'm glad to hear you got some positive results. I think you're write. The better simulation path from Eagle to LTSpice.

I wish I could develop it. Unfortunately I'm not an ULP either. And to make thing worse I don't know LTSpice file format.

It would be nice if someone could start a new project on sourceforge or launchpad.

Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back