How to drill a .360" hole in ExpressPCB ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dchoisnet

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am using ExpressPCB and need to have a hole drilled that is .360" in diameter. Express PCB largest hole is .251". Is there anyway that I can have my hole drilled? I would personally drill it but my board is a 4 layer board and I am scared I will short the inner power and ground planes, which I greatly need. Any response is greatly appreciated.

Re: ExpressPCB HELP!

use circle difine as board cut out. for Fab will use circle to route path.

Where is that? How do I do that?

select "place circle or arc" and set width tos small(0.006) draw on silkscreen layer R=0.18 and you must add text inside circle "board cut out"

ExpressPCB HELP!

And they will cut it out during manfacturing?

yes, they will route for cut out inner circle. normally tool size no big size(>0.250inc) however for big hole size maybe it can't plate coper in hole. you must check manufacture.

dchoisnet

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

Okay, thank you so much. I emailed them at support@expresspcb.com and am awaiting a response

Added after 58 minutes:

ExpressPCB does not allow any additional hole sizes than those offered inside the program itself. If you want a hole size that they do not offer, I would recommend placing an arc as a full circle the size of the hole you need and place it on the Silkscreen layer. Then, inside this arc/circle, place a through hole as a pilot hole. The size I need is 0.35" and the size of my pilot hole is 0.251" Once you recieve your board, use a drill with the proper drill bit size and CAREFULLY drill your hole. If you are drilling through a 4-layer board, be very careful not to short out the inner ground and power planes. I emailed ExpressPCB and they had no suggestions on how to prevent shorting to the inner planes. So again I say, be careful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…