Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to do this in fpga

Status
Not open for further replies.

eaa1

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello i am new to fpga programming
I want to program the signals as shown in the picture attached give me idea on how to do it in vhdl

Attachments

• 1.bmp
    1.8 MB · Views: 81

hi
Your switching diagramm similar to SPI(Serial Peripheral Interface) switching diagramm, try to find some information about SPI, also you can easily google some vhdl examples.

actually the data is available with me is parallel data of 20 bit that i have to convert to serial with shift register but shifter register will take one clock cycle to load tha data before shifting but in the diagram before the strobe is low there is no clock cycle available to load the load now how do i do this.

please, use some punctuation marks. You have not enough clock cycle to shift out your data? Is your strobe an external signal?

when a push button on the kit is pressed then the strobe will go low

---------- Post added at 19:11 ---------- Previous post was at 19:08 ----------

yes, there is no enough clock cycle to load the data

You have 20 bit shift register, it's MSB bit is an output, Strobe is a Clock Enable of the register. After first clock MSB-1 is an output and so on. You have to load next 20 bit value to shift register before next strobe comes.

please note that there was a delay of 1000micro secs between clock and the strobe, and at the end of the clock also there is a delay of 50micro secs.

i guess that it is your university hometask, if to follow these time requirements your max frequency will be 50 KHz, you need external oscillator with such frequency, because internal resources can not produce such low period clock. It is not so trivial task to create some delays in real FPGA. So I guess that your task is to create a model, not a synthesizable design, use such vhdl statements as "after 50 us".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back