Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to do the stb analysis for opamp in cadence virtuso

Status
Not open for further replies.

manissri

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
stb analysis

hi
i need to know how to do the stb analysis for opamp in cadence virtueso ..
please provide the doc r pdf in this regards
regards

cadence stability analysis

stb = full form?

cadence stb

stb=stability analysis

stb analysis

I varied Length and Width of MOS transistors to check its Stability Range and was wondering how i can sweep the values of length and width and do 1 simulation instead of taking screenshots after each variation.
Sorry ! i dont know much about this analysis I guess!

op amp tutorial with graphs

manissri said:
hi
regards

1. put a "iprobe" in where u break the loop.
2. in "stb" analysis, choose that "iprobe" as ur instance

hope this helps

Reactions: gnikunj

gnikunj

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

Dylan_y_

stability analysis cadence

manissri said:
hi
regards

i hope this doc can help u

thank

Reactions: casual

casual

cadence

Can someone provide me a good source of reference which covern all requered analog simulations
in Cadece tools ?

stability analysis in cadence

raduga_in said:
Can someone provide me a good source of reference which covern all requered analog simulations
in Cadece tools ?

For your question, the most useful sources are help documents coming with cadence tools. Although some of them don't tell so much on how to do analysis in details, they are still good references in the first place.

iprobe cadence loop gain

buntheun said:
manissri said:
hi
regards

i hope this doc can help u

thank

Shall we only do ac simulation when designing opamp?

stb analysis cadence

we can do DC and transient as well! however , i was wondeering wetha we can get a graph of simulations?

Infact to make it more clear let me tell u tht i wna know about the performance of op-amp by varying certain variables like Length & W of the CMOS etc... Can i do it simultaneously by defining a range in cadence or is there any other method of checking the performance?

stb iprobe

Normally, stb or ac simulation proceeds at a DC operating point that is calculated at the start of the sim. But there are times when it can be useful to have the stb or ac analysis performed at some other operating point. One example might be the far extreme transient output voltage swing of an amplifier, where the gain can be quite degraded compared to its midpoint. This email tells how to set that up.

1. Confiigure the simulator to run both a stb (or ac) and a transient simulation.

2. Configure the transient simulation to end at the point in time at which you wish the ac analysis to be performed. (For example, at a time when you know the amplifier's output will be at full-scale.)

3. In the simulation window, go to Analysis-->Choose-->stb (or ac)-->options, and set "prevoppoint" to "yes". This tells the simulator to use the final value of the transient simulation as the operating point for the stb or ac simulation.

4. Run the simulation. The transient will run first, then the stb or ac will run using the final value from the transient as the operating point.

and
I m in inverter tutorial and getting error =
xi0.m1: Effective length is less than or equal to zero.

I changed the L & W to a certain range but it did not help.

Moreover for an another project i need to vary L & W to a certain range and see its graph simultaneously ... Can i do this? I know i can vary dc ac voltage and all that in analysys section but how can i do this in case of physical parameters such as Length and Width?
Can i vary the performance by changing any other parameter?
Thanks fr suggestionI m in inverter tutorial and getting error =

Moreover for an another project i need to vary L & W to a certain range and see its graph simultaneously ... Can i do this? I know i can vary dc ac voltage and all that in analysys section but how can i do this in case of physical parameters such as Length and Width?
Thanks fr suggestion

Thanks fr suggestionI m in inverter tutorial and getting error =

Thanks fr suggestion

Thanks fr suggestion

op amp ac analysis

under analysis, run stb, include iprobe where you wanna brake the loop and then sweep ac from say 1hz to 5Ghz.

opamp stability analysis tutorial

how to see the simulation result of stb? From the stability summary,i can see phase margin, but i can't see loop gain, where can i find loop gain?

stb cadence

schindler said:
how to see the simulation result of stb? From the stability summary,i can see phase margin, but i can't see loop gain, where can i find loop gain?

is there a 'loop gain' selection,, haven't you see it ??

cadence stb analysis

Hi all,
What does this stability summary mean? Can you explain clearly? Thanks

opamp inverter graphs

Excuse my question, but why did you perform a stability analysis ?
Any simulation makes only sense if you know the meaning of the parameter you simulate. Otherwise, you cannot use the results because you don´t understand it´s relevance.
I know, this was somewhat polemic, therefore, here comes my answer:

Phase margin PM=57.9 deg at 1.35 GHz (point with loop gain equal to 0 dB)
Gain margin GM=10.8 dB at app. 4 GHz (point with loop phase equal to 360 deg.)

I assume you know the meaning of PM and GM, don´t you ?

cadence tutorial op amp

yes direct probe will give you the result

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back