Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to do power planning?physical-designers please address.

Status
Not open for further replies.

deh_fuhrer

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Guys,
I have a query regarding power planning. When you are doing power planning for a chip how do you proceed. Lets say we have initial power data available from prime power.. So how can we decide on power rings width .Is it simply calculating the current and use EM rule to find out the width of the rings??. If that is so then how we calculate width of power straps and their spacing. I want to know a general practice which you generally follows in deciding the width and spacing of power straps....

Also, how do you use rail cells during the whole procedure or they are used separately???

I understand this post is getting too long, but I am looking forward to receive lot of replies about power planning from my friends working in physical design or aspiring to become physical designers.... :D

Re: How to do power planning?physical-designers please addre

Hi deh,

Refer this document for powerplanning..

An excellent document Shankar.... Thank a lot...

Can anyone say something about the content of this ducument?

xv_ning999 said:
Can anyone say something about the content of this ducument?

Its a nice document :) most companies dont give all data out so this is better for all of us.

I cant find the document

banesh, you need to have few points to see the doc..

i dont think i have enough points to view the document as well but i really need a guide to power planning calculation. Can you please mail the doc to me at singh32@purdue.edu......thanks

useful document

Power planning documents:

Attachments

• power_analysis_cadence.pdf
    759.3 KB · Views: 355
  • ptpx_wp_synopsys.pdf
    148.1 KB · Views: 501
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor