Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to do layout for resistor and capacitor using Virtuoso?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zahrein

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Help on Virtuoso Layout?

Guyz, i need help on how to do a layout for resistor and capacitor using virtuoso layout?
How is the design rule ?
How is the calculation?. Thank you.

Help on Virtuoso Layout?

The design rule is provided by the foundry. The caculation is:
R = Rs * (W/L)
Rs is the sheet resistance.
C = C0 * W * L
C0 is the unit capacitance ( F/um²)

Re: Help on Virtuoso Layout?

You must follow the layout design rule.

Help on Virtuoso Layout?

You need to find out what kind of resistors/capacitors are available in your process, and then choose one based on the trade-offs such as device size, values, accuracy, etc.

Help on Virtuoso Layout?

The design rule is provided by the foundry. The caculation is:
R = Rs * (W/L)
Rs is the sheet resistance.
C = C0 * W * L
C0 is the unit capacitance ( F/um²)

It's right, but there are some different resistor structures,for example ,there are poly resistor ,active resistor ,metal resistor,n-well resistor and so on.The same to capacitor.It's different in different foundries.

Help on Virtuoso Layout?

You should follow the design rule, I think it must be very clear in the rule files that how to lay out r & c.

And sometimes, the dummy resistors and capacitors are nessencery.

Help on Virtuoso Layout?

ive got wat u all said.

Usually when i use cadence virtuoso layout, i just take the resistor from the instance. From there, i will change the value of the resistor by clicking the properties.

If i wanna design the resistor manually , i must know the value of Rs (sheet resistance). Where can i get the value of sheet resistance from the Cadence virtuoso layout?

Help on Virtuoso Layout?

You don't get sheet resistance from the Cadence. You get it from foundry. Then you use it for layout parameter extraction rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back