Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronic Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Register Log in

How to do DSP implementation in hardware?

Status
Not open for further replies.

naresh850

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
DSP Implementation

if u have a and DSP kit and ur code in c then just run it on ur kit through DSP's compiler.

sudarshan_onkar

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Re: DSP Implementation

I think magnetra wants to design dedicated hardware, rather that doing on DSP Processor.
Can you please clear your question magnetra.

magnetra

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
DSP Implementation

I was looking for something like a general purpose DSP processor where I could implement. What are the popular DSP processor for beginner to try out?
But sudarshan_onkar, you mentioned about dedicated hardware, what are the possibilities of that?

M

mowgli

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Re: DSP Implementation

Hello Magnetra,

if you would like to start with DSP I could suggest the Analog Devices 21xx series. Though it is an old architecture, it is easy to program both in C and assembly: I had the opportunity to work with ADSP-2181 and personally I think that ADI assembly instruction set is the easiest to learn for a beginner, compared to Freescale (Motorola) or Texas Instruments processors.
Unfortunately I can't suggest you an evaluation board because I worked always on custom designed boards and I don't know if ADI has developed one for ADSP-21xx family (you should check on the web site).
From what I have read on the ADI web site also the Blackfin family could be a good choice: the architecture of this processor looks very interesting (it is a hybrid between a DSP and MCU) but I don't have experience on that platform.

Regards
Mowgli

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor