How to determine the memory needed for HFSS simulation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boomerang

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
site:www.edaboard.com hfss memory error

Hi,

Please can someone tell me how to determine the required Memory size needed when setting up a simulation in HFSS. For some reasons, the program keeps stopping in the middle of simulations and returning "...insufficient memory" error message. Thks.

Re: HFSS memory

hi

while simulating you will find two problems regarding the memory. firstly , the simulation time . with 512MB ram and 2 GB free hard some of my simulations lasted 2hours 30 minutes.
secondly , at the middle of simulation stop happens because of insufficient VIRTUAL MEMORY.

to solve the problems::::::::::
1 try to have enough mem on your hard disk in drives which you have installed hfss and your system drive.
2 have fast and enough RAM ::: 1GB is suitable of the mark and model DDR400

good luck

>512M

I was getting this problem somtimes. To fix it, I changed my sweep from fast to interpolating and decreased the radiation box to just over a quarter wavelength in size around the object. The interpolating sweep just gives better results and doesn't take much more time. kj.

u can set the temporary folder of ur user on another partition which has more free space, to do this goto control panel | system | Advanced Tab | Enviornment Variables

change the user variable and system variable for TEMP and TMP to wherever u have more space.

then goto HFSS | Tools | options | general options
and change the temp directory to that folder.

u can do step 2 without doing step 1 if your temp folder is not located on the full partiotion. that's obvious !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…