Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to design Sigma Delta ADC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
sigma delta adc paper site:edaboard.com

megzhuy said:
Is it "Delta-Sigma Data Converters Theory, Design, and Simulation" suit for beginner?

I have one and I think it's very difficult for beginner.

I TOTALLY agree with you...it's really difficult for beginners!
The one beginning with the "Understanding" Delta-Sigma or Sigma-Delta is easier, I think...although the authors might be the same and the terms or the main representations in the book are also similar.

Added after 25 minutes:

samuel said:
no practical example, sigma delta adc design is difficult.

Definitely...I TOTALLY agree with you!!

I am a graduate students as well,
and I am now working on a Single-Bit 3rd-Order, CIFB SC SDM as my master thesis.
The fb=20kHz, OSR=128, fs=5.12MHz,
and the MATLAB Simulation results earns an SNR around 110 something dB (with the non-idealities considered in the MATLAB simulation alreay).
I use the process of TSMC 0.18 1P6M Mixed-Signal technology.

Unfortunately, I've been stuck at the procedure of circuit level simulation for a really long time!!
For the operational amplifier I use, basically it's just a folded cascode, or probably complementary folded-cascode (CFC) configuration with lowered supply voltage of around 1.0~1.3V...and that is really really hard to reach the goal!!

I've tried the bulk-driven technique to lower the power dissipation (it's really low by using BD!! WOW!), but the bandwidth is too small so I can't use it.
The output waveforms for every stage of my SC integrators are ALL SATURATED,
and I can do nothing about it alghouth I've been looking for the reasons and redesign many types of OPAMPs for like FIVE~SIX weeks!!

The deadline for the chip is Feb. 18, 2008, which is not too far away from now...
Without taping the chip out...I can't imagine what I will be facing in the future...

I know it's not a really tough spec for the Modulator itself,
but as the problems occur,
I have nobody to ask, to talk about (my advisor knows nothing about it @@),
or give me some advice...

Could anybody here with similar experience give me some advice or any idea for solving this problem?
Or any possibility that might cause the output waveform of the integrators would be a BIG HELP!

Please help me:cry::cry:......I appreciate that very very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!

systemverilog sigma delta adc

hey everyone i'm a newbie in this thing....can anyone help me with matlab design for sigma delta modulator....the first order it's ok tough...

vhdl code to design sigma delta adc

can anybody help me with the M-file for sigma delta simulation....

i find it rather difficult to find this file..just the first order it's ok...

delta sigma adc vhdl

CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHERE TO START FOR MATLAB... I DON'T HAVE ANY PRIOR INFO ABOUT MATLAB....

THANX ALOT

design delta sigma adc

Hi all,

At first it will be very useful to read "Delta-Sigma Data Converters: Theory, Design, and Simulation" book
edited by Steven R. Norsworthy, Richard Schreier, Gabor C. Temes.

You can also download it from internet.
I downloaded this book, but unfortunately I don't remember from which site.

fpga delta-sigma adc

I am a beginner too!
for singgle-bit 2 order sigma-delta audio amplifier ,what Ishould do first?
Who can help me !

xilinx delta-sigma adc application

a good topic,ha . I am also a new on this..

Added after 35 minutes:

a very good topic... I learned a lot from it. It seems we should learn a lots of tools and knowledges?
but I have to finish a 16 bit adc before June. how can I start?

friedel gerfers adc

Hi all,

You can use one part of the following book: "Delta-Sigma Data Converters: Theory, Design, and Simulation" book edited by Steven R. Norsworthy, Richard Schreier, Gabor C. Temes.

I downloaded it from Internet ant it consist of 7 parts.

detailed circuit for sigma delta adc

samvelc said:
Hi all,

You can use one part of the following book: "Delta-Sigma Data Converters: Theory, Design, and Simulation" book edited by Steven R. Norsworthy, Richard Schreier, Gabor C. Temes.

2nd part.

designing delta to sigma application

samvelc said:
Hi all,

3rd part:

sigma delta circuit dac design

samvelc said:
Hi all,

4th part

fpga delta sigma modulator

samvelc said:
Hi all,

5th part

adc modelling in verilog a

samvelc said:
Hi all,

6th part

Thanks! That material would help me too

Added after 2 minutes:

May be this source could help

is there anyone can help me for the 2nd part of sigma delta modulator that include decimation filter....?

is there algorithm for this decimation filter?or just filter the signal with low pass FIR filter and do the downsampling?

plz help me with this..i'm still confuse...because i read that there are people that use multistage decimation filter.

I also need the book "Systematic Design of Sigma-Delta Analog-to-Digital Converters " , anyone knows where to download it ?

Hi all,
Any one knows where to download thesis or books regarding practical design example on sigma-delta A/D converter ?

Added after 49 minutes:

I think decimation filter design is also difficult . I'm looking for a systematic method to do such job, from spec. down to VHDL coding . Any one have any comment ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back