Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to design boards using high speed designing techniques

Status
Not open for further replies.

pavani.karna459

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,
iam working as a pcb designer and at present working on proto type pcb design. i wanna know what is the difference between commercial, proto type and high speed designing. how we have to calculate track size and total finished board resistance. while i am designing analog and digital mixed boards interference problem occurring. how to solve it.

suggest me any guidance book for pcb designing from basic level and high speed design. iam unable to answer some of the questions what ever asking in interviews like what is ur making track size how u calculate track, how u will calculate finished board resistance and total current etc......

You have a lot of learning....
here is a list of links, documentation etc. that you may find useful, start with PCB related links...

You question is to ambiguous to provide a focused answer, such as track width, track width for what... Current capacity or to get a specific characteristic impedance?

Attachments

• PCB related links.txt
    5.1 KB · Views: 83
  • Basic current flow.txt
    439 bytes · Views: 62
  • filelist.txt
    73 KB · Views: 98
Books:
Right the first time is a useful book for beginners as mentioned above.
High Speed Digital Design: A Handbook of Black Magic Hardcover – by Howard Johnson
Signal & Power integrity by -Eric Bogatin

There are several free calculation tools available on internet. You can check them. I found below links useful.
https://www.saturnpcb.com https://www.ultracad.com/ etc.

I would suggest from the initial post that Pavani learns to walk first, I think he has quite a long learning curve... I would leave the advanced detail of high speed till he get to grasp with the basics.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back