Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to design a switching Power ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mf1364

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi every body
I want to design a switching power that has 15V,DC and 1ADC out put, and in put is 220V, AC and frequency is 50 Hz, any schematic and pdf is so appreciated, mean while is there any software that can design this power for me ?

first u need step down process......

then rectification .......

after rectification you need filtering .....

after filtering you get dc......

now some swithing for switching power .......

main block diagram is like this...

step down , rectification and filtration all processes design depend upon current you need at the output....

you can add a voltage regulator at the output may be 7815 .

for switching you can use LM5576/or 4052

this figure may help..

use this web for further studies
PowerEsim - Free SMPS Switching Power Supply / Transformer Design Software

Dear mf1364
Hi
I can suggest you these two famous and terrific books: switching power supply design by abraham pressman and switching power supply cookbook by marty brown.
Best Wishes
Goldsmith

you should first determine the kind of your switching power

At such low power, you can consider integrated devices which integrate the control with the power device (MOSFET). You can use the TOP-Switch series from Power Integrations or the VIPer series from ST Microelectronics or similar devices from other manufacturers such as Fairchild, IR, etc

For design software, check the websites of the manufacturer. Power Integrations has a software - PIExpert. ST has a similar software and I'm sure all manufacturers should include some sort of software.

Welcome To Power Integrations | Power Integrations
High Voltage Converters - STMicroelectronics

You can also make a power supply using a controller such as UC384x and MOSFET.

Two good books have already been recommended to you. I would also recommend them. Plus, you should study the related application notes of the manufacturers.

Don't blindly follow the software. Try to understand how the software works out the solution.

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back