Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to design a high resolution ADC ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zouyufeng

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How to design a high resolution ADC ?
as 16bit digma-deltaADC,16bit SAR ADC and 16bit pipeline ADC!

I considered that calibration-technology is the sticking point,but i don't know what included in this calibration !

Can you tell me,what is included in calibration? (paper and article are better!)

thank you very much!

the 16bit sigma-delta adc need not calibration

Hi,
upto12bit a SAR ADC using capacitor DAC does not need calibration. For 12 bit and above we need calibration since that much of capacitor matching is not practical as we need to use bigger capacitors.
Also for high resolution you need to worry about the noise in the system as well. Normally the bulk of the noise comes from the comparator. So designing comparator preamplifier with the required noise performance is important.

rgds
fred

but,i design the ppipeline ADC,16bit. that type of calibration this structure can use?

Hi,
For Pipeline ADCs one of the sources of error will be due to MDAC amplifier gain error.. Normally ppl do gain calibration for the MDAC amplifiers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back