Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to design a 3 bit binary shift register

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonnightingale

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to design a 3 bit binary shift register with parallel load facility. A control line Load/shift when asserted high loads external parallel inputs and when low causes shift right. Can u give me logic diagram of above stated register by using 2 D Flip Flops and 2-1 multiplexers.
Thanks

What specific part do you not understand?

I want to design a 3 bit binary shift register with parallel load facility. A control line Load/shift when asserted high loads external parallel inputs and when low causes shift right. Can u give me logic diagram of above stated register by using D Flip Flops and 2-1 multiplexers.
Thanks

iN UPPER question i wrote 2 Flip flops by mistake
dont u think that there should be three D FLIP FLOPS FOR THREE BIT

Its not a homework, u can reply to this thread after one week as well.
I will still be happy to learn it :)
What i think there should be three D Flip Flops

Hi,

maybe we have a misunderstanding.
What do you think a "3 bit binary shift register" should do?
For my understanding see next picture and some words.

(I added a third FF at the output, this has no influence on the principal functionality)

see
https://obrazki.elektroda.pl/99_1292225787.jpg

At time T0 the rising edge of the clock latches the 3bit data "ABC" into the 3 FF's X0,X1 and X2
This is because the load signal is high and the multiplexer select the din data as an input to the FF's

So after this clock edge (T0) we have the data C at the output of X0, B at the output of X1 and A at the output of X2 which is similar to dout.
With the next rising clock edge (T1) the multiplexer are now select the output of the previous FF as an input. So after this clock edge we have C at the output of X1 and B at the output of X2 which is similar to dout.
With the final clock edge (T2) we now shift C to the output of X2 which is dout.

With T3 you can load the next parallel data input and it is shifted again.

regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back