Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to design a 20M clock generator /oscillator

Status
Not open for further replies.

wuxy

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
20m oscillator

Hi all,

I need YOUR advice.now i am designing a 20M clock generator for digtal circuit,and the frequency must be within 5% of the target value. what is a effective and proper means? Now i have a scheme: use a SMIT trigger ,two invertor and R C to compose a RC oscillator,and then trim the frequecy to the desired range by trimming R.But this circuit is susceptive to supply votage and hard to trim because the R C cannot choose too large in order to get a 20M Hz frequecy and the trimming switch's Ron and parasitical C will have bad effect or prevail.

how to design a generator

you could use a ring oscillator

smittrigger

gharuda said:
you could use a ring oscillator

But i wonder if it is ease to control a ring oscilator to adjust it to 20M?And if that means i need a accurate voltage reference and buffer? Sorry, i have little experence in this. Thanks!

oscillator clock ckt

try this
**broken link removed**

use a variable/controllable R to get the exact frequency

oscillator and clock circuit design

eecs4ever said:
try this
**broken link removed**

use a variable/controllable R to get the exact frequency

Thanks very much!But the circuit need a minus supply voltage,and it is seem still sensitive to supply voltage,i am afaid it won't meet my requirement.

Status
Not open for further replies.