Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How? to Design 1-order Switched Capacitor Sigma Delta ADC

Status
Not open for further replies.

socware

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello ,
I want to design First order Switched Capacitor 1-bit Sigma Delta ADC.
I want to use an OTA and Comparator.

The A/D converter must provide at least 50dB SNR (signal tonoise ratio) over a 100kHz signal bandwidth.
Minimum sampling frequency: 64 MHz ,Differential Input range: 1Vppd ,
Power dissipation: less than 30mW 

Can anyone help me how to proceed.

Thanks

hi,
I think you should refer to some books like <understanding Delta-sigma Data Converters>, there are a lot of paper introducing basic concept of first order one.
As you spec required, folded-cascode or telescopic OTA may help you design. would you like tell me about your VDD voltage?

According to you specs listed, it is not a difficult job. You can find many examples in JSSC.

Re: How? to Design 1-order Switched Capacitor Sigma Delta AD

fxxjssc said:
hi,
I think you should refer to some books like <understanding Delta-sigma Data Converters>, there are a lot of paper introducing basic concept of first order one.
As you spec required, folded-cascode or telescopic OTA may help you design. would you like tell me about your VDD voltage?

Vdd= 1.8 V

eldo said:
According to you specs listed, it is not a difficult job. You can find many examples in JSSC.

can u send me some papers where all the steps of design from start are given.How do I approach and start.

if u have send me on socware@gmail.com

just grab the book from Richard Schreier " Understanding Delta Sigma Converter"
and start from there.

I am reading the book, can u tell me how do I do the simulation of the design in Matlab... I have downloaded the ADC toolbox..how do I do now and sample matlab code...

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back