Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to desig Hi volt bandgap circuit ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

andy2000a

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
which type bandgap is suit for large swing @power supply
Vcc from 5~20v
someone said "SONG " architecture is cascode bandgap but
in gernel CKT unse 2 pmos + 1 nmos + bjt cascode
when Vcc from 5~ 20v .. V(bandgap) in not good ..
and use OPA + 2 diode architecture is better

I design a "SONG cascode bandgap " -> CMOS circuit design layout & simulation fig-21.14 , but when I sweep Vcc .. bandgap voltage
have large drift .. if I hope output can keep 1.25v .. mos bias=20u
how should I do ??
enlarge Pmos Length ? more series Pmos ??

I find many cmos analog design book talk about bandgap .. but no more detail description on it ..

hi

try put pmos in series ....hope this migth help you

regards,

selvaraja

Maybe we can design a simple voltage regulator to drive the supply of the bandgap.

But if this voltage regulator will use bandgap for regulation there will be start up problem. Bandgap doesn't work because voltage regulator voltage is to low. But voltage regulator voltage is low because bangap doesn't work (not start up).

But you may use another coarse voltage reference (may be another bandgap using outer vdd as supply) to bias the voltage regulator. In fact, a voltage reference as simple as a diode-connected mosfet can meet the requirements for the voltage regulator.

What you mean is improve the PSSR of the bandgap.
Try add an OPA for the bandgap, you will improve the Chara. largely.

you can use a cascode to generate a sub-vdd as the supply for the bandgap, and the compensation for the ota should be ahuja
try it

What kind of process do you use? If there is some device with high voltage Vds (20V) and low voltage Vgs(5V), it should be fine. I also agree start-up circuit is your challendge for you.

To solve startup problem you could use a startup circuit: in this way you may use the bandgap itself as a reference for the pre-regulator.

i just finished a cascode bandgap.output 1.22v TC=18ppm

startup voltage 2.7v

Vomax=17v
Maybe you can design a better one!

can you send the schematic or the structure&which tech did you use?
if your line regulation is big,you should reduce lamda,and use transistor with high early voltage .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back