Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to create an actual size PDF in altium, which shows pads and path on the bottom layer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rajashri.Shevale

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
create PDF of actual size in altium which shows pads and path on bottom layer

hello
i have created a pcb on altium 10. now i want to make it as a pdf of actual physical size of components and all , so that i can make an actual board. i am not getting how to create pdf in altium .
plz help me

Re: create PDF of actual size in altium which shows pads and path on bottom layer

The best way to do this is to generate Gerber files from your board (File => Fabrication Outputs => Gerber Files) and then print the copper layer(s) -- GBL for a bottom layer board and GTL for a top layer board -- in 1:1 using your favorite PDF printer software. I prefer Bullzip PDF for this purpose, or I print directly to a laser printer.

Re: create PDF of actual size in altium which shows pads and path on bottom layer

hello
i have created a pcb on altium 10. now i want to make it as a pdf of actual physical size of components and all , so that i can make an actual board. i am not getting how to create pdf in altium .
plz help me
You can watch this video here to give you a good idea,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPv3-zWlzms
The way I do it is print direct to the printer from alitum do not trust PDF (unless you make sure that is set to actual size rather than fit) is with PCB file open go to project tab then down to project options (this open new window) go to project default prints then pcb print shown in file 1(image) and select it then click configure tab at bottom tick holes box(this print all the holes) then double click on top overlay shown in file 2(image) and click hide all away the long the tabs shown in file2a(image) (follow the same process for all other layers you have apart from the bottom layer you need to print leave them all has full. Once completed then go to page set up and set it to like file 3(image) set scaling from fit document to scaled then make sure it's set to 1.00 change dpi to 600 color to mono and then click preview and you should get it looking like file 4(image)

hope this helps

Attachments

• file1.JPG
    file1.JPG
    97 KB · Views: 185
  • file2.JPG
    file2.JPG
    102.4 KB · Views: 182
  • file3.JPG
    file3.JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 182
  • file4.JPG