Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to create a new ref des in Allegro and associate it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

renato

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
allegro ref des

Hello,

I had a .brd file and need to modify it to insert a connector. I change all the layout and insert a connector symbol in the board, but I can't set a ref designator to this conn and I need it to change my netlist. Could you please tell me how can I create a new ref des in Allegro and associate it with my connector symbol ?

Thanks in advance.

Renato

What about exporting the netlist from Allegro, manually edit to add your connector with the right RefDes and reimport this netlist ??

Will work...

Tobs

Re: Ref Des in Allegro

renato said:
Hello,

I had a .brd file and need to modify it to insert a connector. I change all the layout and insert a connector symbol in the board, but I can't set a ref designator to this conn and I need it to change my netlist. Could you please tell me how can I create a new ref des in Allegro and associate it with my connector symbol ?

Thanks in advance.

Renato
you CAN't..... It has to be a part of your LOGIC unless you find a way to ulter LOGIC ( netlist)

Thanks and solution

Thanks for answers ...

I export Allegro Netlist, modified and re-imported with new feature. Automatically it included new rats and clear all DRC in new component.

My other prblem was to generate a netlist ... it produce a file with error 'cause I hadn't included my lib dir in the path.

Best regards,

Renato

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back