Not open for further replies.

dovo

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
convert tango pcb sch

I have some file under Tango Schematic and layout. How to convert them to one of newer software (Protel, Cadence....)?
Thanks
Dovo

tango binary files

Try opening them in protel, (*.pcb, *.sch ), Tango and protel file structure used to be almost Identical.

SiGiNT

import tango pcb file

In general, to use a Tango file in newer Pr0tel software, you need to open the Tango file first in Pr0tel version 2.8 and then save it to ACSII file format. As I recall, the Tango file also has to be ASCII format to open it in Pr0tel 2.8.

Pr0tel at one time advertised that they intended to include import converters for Tango, but for some reason they didn't when the newer versions were released. When complaints were received about the new Pr0tel software not living up to the advertised promise, Pr0tel responded by sending those who complained free copies of version 2.8 to use as file translators.

how to open tango for dos files

Thank you for all of support. Is Protel V2.8 allso called Protel 99?
Thanks

rimu pcb v1.8

No - Pr0tel99 is a more recent version, and will not convert the file for you. The versions of Pr0tel in order are: 2.8, 3.1, 98, 99, 99SE, DXP, DXP2004

open gerber files in protel

Sigint where can I download protel 2.0 or protel 2.8. I need to open files genenerates with sch Tango 3, the files extensions are .sc0

Thanks

download tango schematics pcb files

Ver 2.0 - EDA Software Dowload at top left of main Elektroda page.

SiGiNT

tango pcb converter

I intall the protel 2.04 and this version can't open the tango schematics files.

Where can I download the protel 2.8?

Thanks

convert tango pcb

For anyone looking to convert the old Tango .pcb files, including the binary type, use a program named Rimu PCB v1.08 or newer. I had the same problem and found that software was the only way to convert the .pcb binary to a gerber(.cam) file type for use with newer software programs. When you install the program you need to use the import option and select the tango file type. If you just double click to open a tango file you will get an error. You will then have an option to convert it to a gerber and a few other types that I cant remember. Once in a gerber format you can do anything with it. The program is shareware and will work but wont save any files untill unlocked. Here is the site to dl it at:

**broken link removed**

I know this thread is old but I could not find any info on this and thought I would post for anyone else that runs into this problem. I suggest buying the program so you can save files but there is a poor mans (fix) available on the web. For anyone doing this as a business it is not an expensive software,about $60, so its easeir to pay for it. Also you need version 1.08 ,or newer if they put out any updates. 1.08 has fixes to correctly open the binary tango .pcb files

Hope this helps,
Brian220x

Re: convert tango pcb

I am trying to purchase the software mentioned above. It seems the developer has re-located his url over to http://www.alpro.pl/hs/rimuuk.html

Problem is his payment option is through email and it seems he doesn't respond. Also his contact number is no longer in service. Anyone out there know where I can get into contact with the developer of RIMU PCB so that I may purchase a licence. Otherwise can someone suggest an alternative softwate that will do the same as RIMU PCB, basically importing Tango PCB 274D and converting it into Gerber 274x.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…