Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to convert polylines to circles in Altium Designer or solidworks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feri4030

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

To fabricate holes in PCB the fabrication facility needs to have full circles at the position of vias NOT polylines (because the drilling machine will try to cut the polyline and will not use a drill to just make a hole). But I have my file converted to dxf from HFSS where all of the circles are polylines.

Is there anyway to convert circular polylines to vias or full circles in altium designer or solidworks?

Thanks

The problem is not that in the original HFSS design all of the vias are segmented polylines so in any kind of drill file they would appear as a circular polyline. If you give this to a milling or laser machine it will not treat them as a hole, instead it will try to cut the edges as by following the polylines.

I found a software that can convert the circular polylines to circles but it's not free. I'm looking to find a free dxf editor with this feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back