Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to convert inductor into microstip?

Status
Not open for further replies.

John_li

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
I want to improve 5.8GHz LNA stability and serial an inductor between source and ground,for example L=1.4nH,how can i convert it into microstrip(Er=4.3,H=1mm,T=0.035mm,FR4material),how can i do it?any formula and tell me step by step?another hand,any tools that directly convert it?ADS is OK.
Thank you,

Maybe you can try a add A Shunt Stub of +j Y, Where Y = 1 / Z, and Z = wL.

John_li

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
The input impedance of a shorted microstrip is something like \[jZ_0 \sin (\vartheta )\], where \[Z_0\] is the characteristic impedance of the microstrip and \[\vartheta\] is the electrical length (in phase) of the microstrip. Both can be calculated from a microstrip calculator like TXLine, or following the link below:

Microstrip Analysis/Synthesis Calculator

Hi

Usually you also need a via to ground the "source". This is sometimes enough to add some stability.

regards

John_li

Thanks for all of reply.if i want to use a via instead of 1.4nH for 2GHz,what size is it?

All responses are OK, and may be you already know, but FR4 isn't the better choice for MW and high Q circuits.
Good Luck

John_li

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back