Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to convert gerber file into .igs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

enajc

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

How to convert gerber file into .igs file?
I am using mentor graphics board station and i want to import my reference design into my board.
My reference design is in .pho and i am opening it using cam350.
I have been searching the internet but couldnt really found one.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

ena

it is really very difficult to do,called as reverse engineering.

i dont have idea about board station but in other pcb tools allegro/orcad/pads/cadstar it is not possible.

there are some tools in market probably CAM cad professional,u can try that.

Hi abhi.Thanks for the reply.Not really a reverse engineering bec.I just need the reference design to be in my board because i need to copy how they run the trace and the placement of component.If i can convert the gerber file into ascii file it will act as a geometry in my board.Aside from .igs file i can also used ascii file in board station.

Most full featured gerber tools (e.g. Graphicode GC2000) can convert gerber to dxf files. igs exchange format is mostly used for 3D graphic representation, but can display simple 2D structures as well, I presume. So you need convert dxf to igs in a mechanical CAD tool, and there you are. I wonder, if board station can't read dxf as most other PCB tools?

i agreed with FVM,

same thing i have done in allegro previously

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back