Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to convert from optical signal to electrical signal in optisystem

Status
Not open for further replies.

communication

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi guys
can any one help me to to convert from optical signal to electrical signal OR from electrical signal to optical signal in optisystem

I think i can give u a basic. photo detector is reqd to convert light to electrical signal
an APD(avalanche photo Diode ) can do this job it'll give a current signal then it's to be passed thru a voltage devider nw and by amplifying a voltage signal can be obtained .

these can easily done by optoelectronic devices.
optical to electrical converters are photodiode and phototransistors.
electrical to optical conversion is most frequently used in fiber optics communicaions. Light emitters are a key element in any fiber optic system. This component converts the electrical signal into a corresponding light signal that can be injected into the fiber.

these can easily done by optoelectronic devices.
optical to electrical converters are photodiode and phototransistors.
electrical to optical conversion is most frequently used in fiber optics communicaions. Light emitters are a key element in any fiber optic system. This component converts the electrical signal into a corresponding light signal that can be injected into the fiber.

i already done all. i used LED to send the signal & received by photo diode, however when i received the signal using photo diode the light signal converted to electric signal. i want to convert this electric signal to light signal.
tnx

---------- Post added at 16:51 ---------- Previous post was at 16:50 ----------

I think i can give u a basic. photo detector is reqd to convert light to electrical signal
an APD(avalanche photo Diode ) can do this job it'll give a current signal then it's to be passed thru a voltage devider nw and by amplifying a voltage signal can be obtained .

i already done all. i used LED to send the signal & received by photo diode, however when i received the signal using photo diode the light signal converted to electric signal. i want to convert this electric signal to light signal.
tnx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back