Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to convert 3.3 V logic to 5V logic

Status
Not open for further replies.

coblaze

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
convert 3.3 to 5v

Hi,

I have a microcontroller which I need to run at 3.3V. But then i have another chip which wont work at 3.3v (works on 5v). What do i do if my microcontroller is sending signal to the other chip??

convert 3.3v to 5v

JUST USE TRANSITOR CKT AS A VOLTAGE FOLLOWER OR U CAN USE OPTO COUPLR, OR THERE R MANY INVRTER , NON INVERTER IC'S WHICH CAN BE USED FOR THIS PURPUOSE FOR EXAMPLE 75LS244

5v transistor with 3.3 microcontroller

will 245 work?

how to convert 5v to 3.3

also check the IC output charcteristics .Some are 5 volt tolerant ..Then you only need a pull up resistor

how to convert 3.3v to 5v?

coblaze said:
Hi,

I have a microcontroller which I need to run at 3.3V. But then i have another chip which wont work at 3.3v (works on 5v). What do i do if my microcontroller is sending signal to the other chip??

you can use npn or pnp audion to achieve

converting from 3.3v to 5v

The transistor solution is only good if you need to translate 1 or 2 lines. Typically you will need two transistors per line (if the line in dual directional). If you need more lines (say for an LCD screen) then a line buffer IC is the preferred solution.

Cheers
Slayer

buffer 3.3 5v logic

coblaze said:
Hi,

You can use LM1084 adjustable voltage regulator to provide the 3.3VDC and 5VDC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back