how to convert 12v data signal into 5v

Status
Not open for further replies.
12v down to 6

7805 with heat sink is the best option

7805 12v 5v

advy said:
7805 with heat sink is the best option

Will the heat generated by LM317 and 7805 burn the resistors and the capacitors in the circuit?
I have made a lot of these voltage dropping things with big heat sinks but still the heat sink is very hot. Thinking that it will burnt the capacitors and resistor, I have fixed a 12v CPU fan on top of the heat sink. but my portable CD player pick up the fan noise in between the songs.

how to convert 12v dc to 5v dc

I would recommend you take a switching regulator like LM2576.

zener 12v to 5v

or as I said earlier use a maxim max5035 which is available free as sample...
and lm257x from national are very difficult to obtain as sample...

drop 12v 5v

you can use voltage divider..for resistor value,,calculate yourself

12v to 5v converter 7805

if ur current requirement is not much (i think that motor will not take much)
then using diodes to drop voltage would be an easy option

just check at what drop ur required current is achieved

i.e. rated condition of motor is achieved by using combination of diodes which u have to find out

12v regulator 7805

it depends on current requirement.
if current requiement not so mush (less than 1 A), you can use 7805 without heaksink.
if you need more current requirment, I think you should zener diode and transistor combinition. By use zener diode (~5.2V)to bias at bias and output at corrector(For npn transistor).

HTML:

Normal link:
https://obrazki.elektroda.pl/66_1170907913.JPG

lm7805 12v 5v

Try LM2576 DC-DC converter.
Give off less heat. More efficient power regulation.

**broken link removed**

reducing 12v to 5v

U can use LM317 Ic. For its application check the datasheet.

convert 12v to 5.2v

5V 5A switching regulator for digital by LM2678

**broken link removed**

12v to 5v lm7805

Hai, Better use switching power supply as the power demand is more there will be a wastage of power if linear regulator is used.

Examples are lm2575 etc

Sarma

convert 5v to 12v

On what kind of circuit are you going to use it? Any voltage regulator becomes hot if it can't hold the current that passes through it. So tell me on what kind of circuit you will use it.

Regards,

Necolei

heatsink lm7805

use one LM7805 and check out put !!!

12v to 5v conversion

Basically Viper911 has not, If I am correct, specified the load requirements of the proposed converter execpt that it is for so and so....
However, it appears best to use LM257x as these are generally available locally. with minimum effort one could realize a regulator by following the datasheet. and with good efficiency.

lower 12v to 5v

very simple use a zener 5.1V as a regulator . calculate the wattage of power ur gonna use if its less then go with zener else go with 7805.

I know this post has been done since 2007 however if anyone else would like to know how to wire the LM7805 that can take 12volt to 5volt, lots of people use this for automotive purposes or for microcontrollers, please check out this step by step. I have tried to put pictures of every single step to show how it needs to be wired...**broken link removed**

I think u can use 7805 with big heatsink and one diode which should be connected
from output of 7805 to input of 7805.........it will work well

malasi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…