Not open for further replies.

decholas

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello.

I would like to know how to create a good impedance matching and how to ensure your impedance matching is a good matching with ADS. Any tools or method?

The simplest way I can imagine is to plot the smith chart. So make a port, your matching network, and your load, then simulate at the frequency of interest using the S parameter simulation. Plot the smith chart and see if the line crosses the center of the chart right at the frequency you care about. Moreover, ADS has a handy impedance matching utility that will mostly set all these steps up for you. I am a big fan of using the Smith chart utility: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_JIxy4obMs

Thanks for the reply. I try the Smith chart plotting now.

If you are designing amplifiers ( like LNA) then along with impedance matching check stability also. If design is not stable then your impedance matching may need further optimization.

I am designing rf energy harvester impedance matching. Anything that I have to check?

No, my suggestion is only for amplifier design.

I am designing a LNA with ADS but i am very new to the software and don't know much. Can u tell me how to check stability and optimise my circuit. (I need to optimise to get flat gain; less than 1dB variation)

Reactions: Pri6

Pri6

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.