Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to co-simulate generated HDL in simulink

Status
Not open for further replies.

premcupid

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
simulink co simulate

i have attached my simulink model here...(renamed file extension from .doc to .pdf)
upper part is for checking functionality using floating point filters. after achieving it below i have created a ''equivalent fixed point subsytem''
so i have to generate HDL code for that ''equivalent fixed point subsytem'' and co-simulate it.
but HDL coder not highlighted(non functional).

i came to know that, to generate HDL for a model.
it shud be clear of all scopes or wave generators and also should only have required blocks and i/p and o/p ports.

so now i copied all the elements from ''equvalent fixed point subsytem'' into a new file "CopiedSubSystem"

saved it and opened it, opend port "In1" properties ,in signal attributes i gave sample time as 1/6000(otherwise u will get error),updated diagram, and now HDL coder can be seen..and i generated vhdl and verilog code...

when i tried to synthesize the generated code in xilinx ISE it fails saying "line 27: Signal <In1> of type real is not supported."

it is beacause we are inheriting properties(-1) from previous stages like quantizer. and quantizer o/p signal format is real(double).

now i reopened "CopiedSubSystem'' and In1 properties,in signal attributes i defined data type as fixdt(1,16,0). and updated diagram, and generated vhdl or verilog. now the code is synthesizable without any errors(but few warnings), i could also see rtl, techonology schematics.

now plz guide me to co-simulate the generated HDL code..
what are the ways?
can xilinx chip scope be used? if not what shud be used?
some how I need wave from matlab simulink to get into verilog code and o/p seen again in matlab scope.
my deadline is already over(1month late). its bit urgent. plz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back