Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to check the module delay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EDA_hg81

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How can I check the signal delay of the module written by VHDL if I don’t run simulation?

Thanks.

The timing analysis of your synthesis tool is supposed to check it against existing timing constraints. And to report the results.

EDA_hg81

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
One question:

If the “if () then” is going to generate one clock delay inside process?

If it is true, I can count how many “if() then” is nested inside process for deciding the output data delay.

Thanks.

As FVM said, you have to run STA if you dont want to run your simulations.

If you have a RTL design, try to represent in to hardware .i.e how it looks like by using standard cells and try to compute the delay by looking up into the library file. But this is unrealistic since you have to know how much is the load on all the signals and u have to add certain wire delay as well.This method is for approximation only.

u want an accurate delay, u have to go for STA. any other comments from others are welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back