Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to check if a cell has a reset pin in Design Compiler?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atre

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
recovery and removal checks for reset pins

Hello,

In Design Compiler, how is it possible to determine, on a cell, if it has a reset pin, which is that one, regardless the general reset. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Reset pin

u have to identify what type of flipflops are used in ur design,
then know about the ports of that flipflop,
with that knowledge u can trace down the RESET signal

Reset pin

In Design compiler, most of the time, reset/clock will be put in "DONT TOUCH" for those high fanout nets, so the buffer insertion/sizing will NOT perform on those signals.

In the later phase of the design, backend tools will finish the buffer insertion/ buffer sizing according to the layout...

Reset pin

You can check the removal/recovery arc to pick out the reset pin.

yasonwang said:

I believe that only works on asynchronous set/reset flipflops. For fully synchronous flops (no async inputs), there is no removal/recovery arc. And the synchronous set/reset pins aren't distinguishable from the data pin. But I suppose that depends on who generated your library-files.

If you examine the *.lib files (they are just text files), search for the flipflops in question, then see if the reset-pin has any special attributes. Then try to query those attributes from Design_Compiler.

dddain_bramage said:
yasonwang said:

I believe that only works on asynchronous set/reset flipflops. For fully synchronous flops (no async inputs), there is no removal/recovery arc. And the synchronous set/reset pins aren't distinguishable from the data pin. But I suppose that depends on who generated your library-files.

If you examine the *.lib files (they are just text files), search for the flipflops in question, then see if the reset-pin has any special attributes. Then try to query those attributes from Design_Compiler.

I'll try that.. thanks for the replies. ;-)

Reset pin

yes, synchronous set/reset pins are just the select signal of the mux multiplexing real data and 0/1 to D of DFF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back