Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to carry out the zero/ploe analysis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

asic_ant

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
In Allen's book he used a lot, but I just can't understand...

I think in this book the analysis was too detailed...

A simpler and more intuitive analysis is to see the high impedance nodes in the circuit. These nodes are the circuit poles ( w=1/(R*C) )

Zeroes appear when there are 2 paths to the same output. To find he value of the zero, set the output node at zero voltage and perform a KCL at this node.

I think razavi's book contains very good treatment on the pole-zero subject

Hspice can analyse the pole and zero .

First you need to derive the transfer function for the circuit. Say H(s), multiply that by 1/s which the unit step function, then take the inverse Laplace transform of that. It will give you a step response in time domain. Pole - zero analysis is for frequency domain. So after getting the H(s) function you can use matlab with control toolbox and signal processing toolbox to plot the pole and zero location,s trajectory etc. These are very easily done using MatLab. Read their control toolbox manual for detail steps. The location as well as the locus(trajectory) of the pole and zero will indicate stability for your system or whether there is a doublet that can affect settling time in your circuit. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back