Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to call C tasks in Verilog source codes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thomson

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
Since i'm now designing a database alike engine to render unified error reporting mechanism, and the capabilities of Verilog to deal with the data types are poor, therefore i'd like to write these tasks dealing with the data types such as struct and list so on in C!

How can I do?

Thanks a lot!

Thomson

can take look this book:
The Verilog PLI Handbook : A User's Guide and Comprehensive Reference on the Verilog Programming Language Interface

there are some example in this website:
**broken link removed**

Thomson said:
Hi,
Since i'm now designing a database alike engine to render unified error reporting mechanism, and the capabilities of Verilog to deal with the data types are poor, therefore i'd like to write these tasks dealing with the data types such as struct and list so on in C!

How can I do?

Thanks a lot!

Thomson
Have you explored using SystemVerilog instead? Of-course only if you have the necessary tools. Atleast VCS can do all of what you've asked quite well inside SV domain!

Ajeetha, CVC

This depends on the tool you used, you can refer to its manual, some special pli is provied, and easy to call C function by it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back