Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to calculate uo * Cox for 50nm Technology

Status
Not open for further replies.

anjankumarkn

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
How do we find µn * Cox for nmos transistor by hand calculation and by operating point analysis in Cadence(Print DC operating points)?

With Diode connected mosfet and drain connected to a current source, I get µn * Cox = 223u
With gate and drain connected to a voltage source, I get µn * Cox = 85u.
Please let me know which procedure is correct or is there any other procedure to get µn * Cox.

The model file is below:

Code PHP (brief) - [expand]

Last edited by a moderator:

For hand calculation: Use the equation
Cox = εSiO2 / tox
... where εSiO2 = 34.5 fF/(µm)2 and tox = toxe (s. line 6 of your model file) . For the above equation, use the toxe value (given in units of [m]) in [nm], i.e. for your 50nm process Cox = 34.5/1.4 ≈ 25 fF/(µm)2.

For the transconductance factor k = µn * Cox calculation, for µn use the low field mobility u0 values from your model file (s. lines 19 resp. 78 of your model file, different values for nmos & pmos), given in [m2/V*s] units.

From operating point analysis use the Ids value and calculate the transconductance factor k = µn * Cox from the equation given here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back