Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to calculate the power stripes in encounter 10 points

Status
Not open for further replies.

mujju433

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want the clear explaination who can explain me ??
with small examples

Plz do some research and explain me
Bye take care

hi mujju THis is deepa.. reply me immediately

hi mujju how r u? i hope u will be fine?

do u remeber me? iam deepa2, working in chennai, i hope u remeber me? unfortunatley my old id was corrupted, so i lost ur id, throgh this edaboard, i found ur id ,and i mailing u now, i hope u remember and will reply me soon..send me ur id too...asap rely soon...

bye...

please let every one know . if u want to know the no of pairs needed or the width of power stripes.

In any case if u can do power analysis using voltage storm with Encounter or any other equivalent IR drop analysis tool you be able to calculate

Sing

Re: How to calculate the power stripes in encounter 10 point

Hi,

In general, you need to get current density allowed by the stripe metal layer, d info. from the foundry documentation (units A/m), the power voltage needed in your process (i.e. VDD if VSS = 0 volts) and an estimate of the power consumed by your design (I think the tools calculate this based on the cells used).

Roughly, the average current, Iave can be derived from the standard P = I * V formulae using the data above.
From this, we can get the total widths needed for the stripes using:
Iave = Total width of stripes * d .

So if total width of stripes needed is 100um and we want to use stripes of 10um width, then we need to use 10 stripes. However, if we calculate by saying we want to put 8 stripes only, each stripe should be at least 12.5um wide.

Since this calculation is a rough estimate, better add an extra stripe or widen by, say 10%.
A floorplan IR analysis will confirm if your stripes are sufficient.

Best regards.

Re: How to calculate the power stripes in encounter 10 point

Hi Cop2ia,

Could you please share some documents on power network design/floorplan.

Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back