Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to calculate the efficiency of a diffraction grating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hamed.Ahmadpanahi

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I am very new to HFSS and i am trying to calculate the efficiency of a diffraction grating using this software.
I create a unit cell of my grating and assign 2 Floquet ports, because i need to calculate the transmission as well as the reflection. Physically, when light incident on a diffraction grating, it diffracts to different angles when transmitted through or reflected from the grating. In optics they called as R0, R+1, R-1,R+2,R-2.... (R means reflection). The same applies for transmission T0, T+1,T/1... To make the simulation simpler, i excite only TE00 mode (ONLY one mode).

Now i would like to know how can i calculate those orders using S-parameters in HFSS.

I know that mag(s(floquetport1:1,floquetport1:1)) means S11*S11 which is the reflected power, but i dnt know if this is the R0 or this is the total R=R0+(R+1)+(R-1)+...
Does anyone knows how i can calculate R+1 or R-1 ?
Can anyone help me?

Thanks

Hamed

You will set the number of diffraction modes in your Floquet ports. Then you can output the diffraction efficiencies as S21, S31, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back