Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to calculate the baud rate for UART protocol?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mkanimozhi

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
How to calculate the baud rate for uart protocol, can i get detail description of this soon.and can i get any document to write my own coding in vhdl for UART protocol.

Regards
Kanimozhi.M

Re: baud rate generation

How to calculate the baud rate..?????

Let's assume that you are sending your data to PC at 25Khz after deriving a random freq from the master clock, but actually your PC cannot recieve the data.. because there obviously,will be a baudrate mismatch.There are some predefined baudrate values.. Max is 115.5 Kbps. This you can get from hyper terminal.
If you deviate very much from these values, PC cannot -sample the values and get synchronised. So the answer to your question is, decide upon the baudrate values you are going to use and calculate the freq accordingly.

-Shiva

Mkanimozhi

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

use counter [ freq divider ] for the same

baud rate generation

Hi,
I need any good document for code my own VHDL coding for UART, that document should contain all the detail about transmitter,receiver and baud rate generation , can any one provide ,plz

Regards
Kanimozhi.M

baud rate generation

Hi,
Thank you, but i need the any document for to understand myself clearly what the internal operations and i need to design myself.

Regards
Kanimozhi.M

Mkanimozhi said:
Hi,
Thank you, but i need the any document for to understand myself clearly what the internal operations and i need to design myself.

Regards
Kanimozhi.M

Hi Kani,
I guess itz very easy to design transmitter section first,to start with..
Just write some clock divider program to get a feq about 9500-9700..
And transmit a single character, for e.g. 'S'.
But for this I should know something about RS232 protocol..
Just refer this..

https://www.wcscnet.com/Tutorials/SerialComm/Page1.htm

Otherthan this, u dont need any document...
Just try..U can... :)

All the best..

-Shiva

baud rate generation

How to calculate the baud rate for uart protocol?plz any one can explain in numerical?

Thanks in advance

satishkumar said:
How to calculate the baud rate for uart protocol?plz any one can explain in numerical?

Thanks in advance

Simple..!!!

[1/T(startbit-stop bit)]*10- if you have only 8 bits of data(i.e. no parity bits)

Ciao,
Shiva

baud rate generation

Hi ,
it's very simple
system clk frequency/ur baud rate value
and the answer which we are getting here divided by 2

eg,
system clk=20mhz
baud value=9600
so
20mhz/9600=2083.33

now 2083.33/2=1041.66

so ur ciunt value is 1041 and
write the clk divider code for this count u will get the clk to synchronize the two systems.

Regards
Kanimozhi.M

hi

extacly correct but trans its ok, recevi , you have to div it by 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back