Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to calculate microcontroller RAM usage ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtronix

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how to calculate microcontroller RAM and ROM usage.

also suggest E-book for "how to choose right microcontroller".

For anything with non trivial software requirements prototype with something very much larger then you will need and then cut it down once you are close to going to production if the micro is significant to the BOM cost.

Software is always the next best thing to impossible to estimate with any accuracy, and the requirements only ever get more complex as the project progresses.

Micro choice for me is driven by several factors:
Does it have the right mix of peripherals (Including more ram and flash then I expect to use)?
Do I need an FPU for my intended woirkload?
Am I power constrained?
Package?
Development tools?
Developer familiarity?
Documentation quality?

There are no right answers here, it is all about tradeoffs, thats what makes engineering fun.

Regards, Dan.

For anything with non trivial software requirements prototype with something very much larger then you will need and then cut it down once you are close to going to production if the micro is significant to the BOM cost.

Software is always the next best thing to impossible to estimate with any accuracy, and the requirements only ever get more complex as the project progresses.

Micro choice for me is driven by several factors:
Does it have the right mix of peripherals (Including more ram and flash then I expect to use)?
Do I need an FPU for my intended woirkload?
Am I power constrained?
Package?
Development tools?
Developer familiarity?
Documentation quality?

There are no right answers here, it is all about tradeoffs, thats what makes engineering fun.

Regards, Dan.

how to calculate RAM and flash memory usage????
please explain me with example so i can choose microcontroller for my project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back