Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to adjust potentiometer in a thermal chamber under wide temperature testing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharethewell

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Here is my question. How do I adjust the potentiometer on a PCB in a thermal chamber under wide temperature range testing? Say -55C to +125C. How can I test those test points in a the chamber? When in the room temp, you just use a probe of a oscilloscope to hook the test points for measurement. In a chamber, what do you do?

Since the chamber door is closed, I cannot just have the access to the pot on the PCB and cannot adjust it by my hand. For the thermal chamber I have, all the SMA ports on the PCB are connected to the test equipments outside the chamber through SMA cables through the door of the chamber.

Thank you.

From your description it is difficult to understand what your test rig is like and what you are doing. If you have a pot you need to adjust in the chamber and you haven't the means to add an external pot then you need an automatic screwdriver. If you need to probe the board you need to bring test points out of the chamber.

Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back