how to add an ideal power divider in HFSS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bingjiang99

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
power spliter hfss

Dear all,

I am trying to design a good CP antenna with 90 deg phase shift. Therefore, it means I have to use two feedings. I want to know if there is a way to add an idea power divider/splitter in the HFSS?

Thanks a lot,

HELP Re: how to add an ideal power divider in HFSS?

Dear all,

It seems there is no way to add an ideal power divider in HFSS. In order to design a CP antenna with reasonable AR bandwidth, I have to use two feedings. So I did it in this way
1) I put two driving source ports in the HFSS, and tune the antenna with a good bandwidth and Axial Ratio.
2) Then I export it to Designer and integrate it with a good power divider.
3) Simulate the whole circuit in Designer.

However, the simulated result is not what I expected. I thought the bandwidth should be identical, but it is not.

Do you have any ideas on this?

Thanks a lot,

Does anyone have the experience to design a circularly polarized antenna with two feedings? Thanks,

How did you add the isolation resister in
HFSS?Thank you.

You can add an object or surface, then assign it to be a lumped element. HFSS->boundary->assign->lumped RLC
Hope this helps.

Songco said:
How did you add the isolation resister in
HFSS?Thank you.

Does anyone know if there is a way to model a coax power splitter in HFSS or is it easier to assign a lumped waveport to the 2 output ports?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…