Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to add an ideal power divider in HFSS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bingjiang99

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
power spliter hfss

Dear all,

I am trying to design a good CP antenna with 90 deg phase shift. Therefore, it means I have to use two feedings. I want to know if there is a way to add an idea power divider/splitter in the HFSS?

Thanks a lot,

HELP Re: how to add an ideal power divider in HFSS?

Dear all,

It seems there is no way to add an ideal power divider in HFSS. In order to design a CP antenna with reasonable AR bandwidth, I have to use two feedings. So I did it in this way
1) I put two driving source ports in the HFSS, and tune the antenna with a good bandwidth and Axial Ratio.
2) Then I export it to Designer and integrate it with a good power divider.
3) Simulate the whole circuit in Designer.

However, the simulated result is not what I expected. I thought the bandwidth should be identical, but it is not.

Do you have any ideas on this?

Thanks a lot,

Does anyone have the experience to design a circularly polarized antenna with two feedings? Thanks,

How did you add the isolation resister in
HFSS?Thank you.

You can add an object or surface, then assign it to be a lumped element. HFSS->boundary->assign->lumped RLC
Hope this helps.

Songco said:
How did you add the isolation resister in
HFSS?Thank you.

Does anyone know if there is a way to model a coax power splitter in HFSS or is it easier to assign a lumped waveport to the 2 output ports?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back