Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how i can link my labview front panel with internet (local OR global )

Status
Not open for further replies.

ENG.TAHRAWI

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello my friends ...
pls help me for my final university project

my problem is >>
i have front panel labview project ...
and now i want to link it to internet

so i can monitor and control the front panel from any where by internet

thanks

A common cause for this is when the configuration in the Tools»Options»Web Server: Configuration menu is set correctly only for the development environment, and not the executable. To correct this, follow the steps below for your respective version of LabVIEW:

LabVIEW 7.1

After building an executable and deploying it, you will see in the configuration that Enable Web Server setting is no longer checked, and Root Directory is no longer set to C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW X\www (the default directory where LabVIEW saves the .HTM file for your VI).

In order to get the remote front panel to work with your executable:
1.Run the executable.

2.Navigate to the Tools»Options»Web Configuration menu and place a check mark next to the Enable Web Server setting.

3.Set the Root Directory field to the directory where you saved the .HTM file generated from the Web Publishing Tool. As mentioned above, the default directory is C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW X\www.

Alternatively, you can edit the .INI file for your executable as described in the "LabVIEW 8.0 and later" section below.

LabVIEW 8.0 and later

Each LabVIEW executable has a .INI file associated with it, and it is typically found in the same directory as the .EXE file. You can add the appropriate tokens to this .INI file to enable the web server in two ways:
Set the appropriate configuration settings in the LabVIEW development environment by following the steps described in the LabVIEW 7.1 section, and then apply these settings to your executable by enabling the Use the default LabVIEW Configuration file (LabVIEW.ini) setting in your Application (EXE) Build Specifications. In your Build Specification properties, this setting can be found under the Advanced section.

Manually edit the executable's .INI file with any text editor and add the following lines:

[ApplicationName]
WebServer.Enabled=True
WebServer.RootPath=C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW X\www

Note:

1.WebServer.RootPath must be the path of the directory where you saved the .HTM file when you generated it in the LabVIEW Web Publishing Tool. The path shown in the example above is the LabVIEW default path.

2.Your executable should have the same name as your VI. For example, if your VI is called MyApplication.VI, your executable should be MyApplication.EXE.

3.The [ApplicationName] field in your .INI file should have the same name as your VI. Example: [MyApplication].

4.Your .INI file should have the same name as your VI. Example: MyApplication.INI.

5.Your .HTM file should have the same name as your VI. Example: MyApplication.HTM.

6.NI recommends that you save all your associated files in the same folder.

The LabVIEW Internet Connectivity Toolkit expands the functionality of LabVIEW to include native interaction with popular internet protocols. Developers can easily utilize the existing internet infrastructure to remotely interact with VIs, transfer acquired data, and even serve and password protect sensitive information using the included G Web Server and CGI functionality. Low and high-level VIs can be used for varying degrees of control and complexity.

lot of thanks
but i read it in NI site but i don't understand it
pls can you explain more about thats

A common cause for this is when the configuration in the Tools»Options»Web Server: Configuration menu is set correctly only for the development environment, and not the executable. To correct this, follow the steps below for your respective version of LabVIEW:

LabVIEW 7.1

After building an executable and deploying it, you will see in the configuration that Enable Web Server setting is no longer checked, and Root Directory is no longer set to C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW X\www (the default directory where LabVIEW saves the .HTM file for your VI).

In order to get the remote front panel to work with your executable:
1.Run the executable.

2.Navigate to the Tools»Options»Web Configuration menu and place a check mark next to the Enable Web Server setting.

3.Set the Root Directory field to the directory where you saved the .HTM file generated from the Web Publishing Tool. As mentioned above, the default directory is C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW X\www.

Alternatively, you can edit the .INI file for your executable as described in the "LabVIEW 8.0 and later" section below.

LabVIEW 8.0 and later

Each LabVIEW executable has a .INI file associated with it, and it is typically found in the same directory as the .EXE file. You can add the appropriate tokens to this .INI file to enable the web server in two ways:
Set the appropriate configuration settings in the LabVIEW development environment by following the steps described in the LabVIEW 7.1 section, and then apply these settings to your executable by enabling the Use the default LabVIEW Configuration file (LabVIEW.ini) setting in your Application (EXE) Build Specifications. In your Build Specification properties, this setting can be found under the Advanced section.

Manually edit the executable's .INI file with any text editor and add the following lines:

[ApplicationName]
WebServer.Enabled=True
WebServer.RootPath=C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW X\www

Note:

1.WebServer.RootPath must be the path of the directory where you saved the .HTM file when you generated it in the LabVIEW Web Publishing Tool. The path shown in the example above is the LabVIEW default path.

2.Your executable should have the same name as your VI. For example, if your VI is called MyApplication.VI, your executable should be MyApplication.EXE.

3.The [ApplicationName] field in your .INI file should have the same name as your VI. Example: [MyApplication].

4.Your .INI file should have the same name as your VI. Example: MyApplication.INI.

5.Your .HTM file should have the same name as your VI. Example: MyApplication.HTM.

6.NI recommends that you save all your associated files in the same folder.

The LabVIEW Internet Connectivity Toolkit expands the functionality of LabVIEW to include native interaction with popular internet protocols. Developers can easily utilize the existing internet infrastructure to remotely interact with VIs, transfer acquired data, and even serve and password protect sensitive information using the included G Web Server and CGI functionality. Low and high-level VIs can be used for varying degrees of control and complexity.

Hi,
In simple, you need to publish your executable to web.

As like your general programming, develop LabVIEW application and try locally as Executable. In the same Deployment Wizard, see the Web Publishing (Web Service). Configure web service information and publish the contents to web.

Once you tested, locally, you need to publish with your Inetpub where you host internet packages. LabVIEW is having few examples for web publishing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back