Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How I can control these graphical LCDs with a microcontroller?

Status
Not open for further replies.
m cl1 cl2 lcd controller

Lykos1986 said:
How I can control these graphical LCDs with a microcontroller?
h**p://www.powertipusa.com/pdf/pg320240e.pdf
You cannot control it by MCU directly except for the MCU built-in LCD controller.
Otherwise, you need the standalone LCD controller to handle this kind of LCM.
Such like the Seiko Epson's S1D13700F LCD Controllers (S1D13xx Series) will be suitable for it.

Lykos1986

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
building an lcd controller

yager wrote:
You cannot control it by MCU directly except for the MCU built-in LCD controller.
I'm sorry, that is wrong! PG320240 can be controlled directly from MCU, as PG320240 has build in LCD COntroller.
Please take a look at this Powertip PG320240 Interface Specification

pg320240 example

budhy said:
yager wrote:
I'm sorry, that is wrong! PG320240 can be controlled directly from MCU, as PG320240 has build in LCD COntroller.
Please take a look at this Powertip PG320240 Interface Specification
The **broken link removed** is not built-in LCDcontroller, but the **broken link removed** has it.
And most of **broken link removed** have not built-in LCD controller.
BTW, your **broken link removed** is used for LCD controller, not for MCU.
The MCU has not enough speed to generate the these signals for scanning LCD.
Well, please check **broken link removed** **broken link removed** to know how to handle DB[0..3],FLM,M,CL1,CL2.

FYR

Last edited by a moderator:

powertrip pg320240

Can you tell me any PIC microcontroller that can handles that LCD?

lcd powertip pg320240

Lykos1986 said:
Can you tell me any PIC microcontroller that can handles that LCD?
If your LCM without buit-in LCD controller like you pointed or **broken link removed**
No PIC has ability to handle these DB[0..3],FLM,M,CL1,CL2 signals by code.
But if your LCM with built-in LCD controller like **broken link removed**
Any PIC can do it (if it has enough pins) for A0,RD#,WR#,DB[0..7],CS#,RST#.

FYR

Last edited by a moderator:

pg320240 sweden

First of all thanks for your answers. I think that I can use that LCD with my FPGA. Am I right about that?

Re: Graphical LCDs

Lykos1986 said:
I think that I can use that LCD with my FPGA. Am I right about that?
Sure! You can build your own LCD controller by CPLD/FPGA with embedded/external 320x240x1 bits RAM to meet the timings for LCM and MCU/MPU. But that could be more cost than a standalone one.
You can consider the LCM built-in LCD controller or MCU/MPU as like as Freescale DragonBall/i.MX series.

FYR

I have reed the datasheets how gave me in the previous posts and also the datasheet from Powertrip site. I have got some questions to do. First some pins in these datasheets have got different names functions like FLM, M. For example the FLM in the Powertrip datasheet is “Shift direction select” and in the other datasheet is “Indicates the beginning of each display cycle”. What is the difference or it is the same function with other words?

The second question is about the Supply pins. I can understand the Vdd, Vss, Vo but what about the Vee (=Negative voltage input)?

Also what is the function of FG (=Frame ground) and D-OFF (=Column output control)

I will be glad if I have got any other info about how I can control these LCDs

In that types of lcd I have to refresh the lcd data and if I don’t have to do any change in my lcd data?

hi,
following is the basic circuit diagram for 128 X 64 GLCD

89_1166576093.JPG

if any qurey feel free to ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back