Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How does the simulator overcome negative timing checks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sudha

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
negative timing checks

During timing simulation many a times we do face issues with negative timings checks. when we have negative timing checks, how does the simulator (modelsim) overcome those. Am well aware there are options to make the -ve values set to zero and continue the simulation, but how does the simulator work if we say negative timings must be included during simulation. can anyone pls help me on this.

Re: negative timing checks

Do you mean negative hold times. It is not a problem for design. Can you provide more information
BRM

by saying negative timing checks i mean negative setup and hold times of signals, these timing details are available in sdf file. when the simulator(modelsim) tries to back annotate, whts happening to these timings.
for example... if i take a dff from standard tsmc18 library, which consists of setup, hold... timings. now if i make setup time negative and simulate... whts are the happenings in the simulator.
tnx

Hi,
If you input -ve timings the modelsim forces it '0'.
BRM

if you have negative setup time, and perform simulation, your will get warming message saying that you have violation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back