Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How do you decide the clock stratrgy for better CTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jennis

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm new in this area. Could anybody give me some suggestion about how to decide clock strategy. My design has three clocks (all are asynchronous) and for scan , these clocks are muxed to used only one clock which is external clock. since scan clock is going to all flip-flops in scan mode, the CTS was performed in scan mode and then optimization was done in both functional and scan-mode. No timing issue seen in PrimeTime, but in functional mode one of the clock-domain has huge clock skew around 14ns. What's wrong with this , do I need to change CTS strategy to reduce this skew or should I ignore this huge skew as no timing issue seen in PT. What do you people generally do , please share.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back