Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How do I take a simulation on system level ? Thanks~

Status
Not open for further replies.

henry90176

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to design a system to conform somewhat spec. But ,how do I take a simulation on system level ? And then help me to establish sub-system blocks and its suited specs. Eventually down to gate level and design the circuits followed the foregoing specs,on the other hand complete the overall system.

So,what the means or tools should I ues to system level simulation ?

Oh! The circuits mentioned before are designed in full-constom method, i.e. they are analog circuits.

Thanks!

system level simulation of analog design , is the top level.

you have the following choices:

use simulink or
scilab block model or
spice with appropriate models .

My recommendation is: VISSIM (vissim.com).
It is very handy, easy to work with and it has a powerful evaluation version.

Thanks for your answer !
So,what the tool is more useful to sim. ?
I hear about other tools for top level sim. like C/C+ ,what do you think about? They useful?
Btw. Some other means like systemC and Verilog-A language ,Does they useful?

Added after 8 minutes:

Thanks for LvW answer !
Could you give me more VISSIM information?
And,Does VISSIM have embedded some sub-block model like simmulink ?

henry90176 said:
Thanks for LvW answer !
Could you give me more VISSIM information?
And,Does VISSIM have embedded some sub-block model like simmulink ?

Why don't have a look on the VISSIM side (company name: Visual Solutions)? They offer a lot of information. By the way: Mainly it is used for simulations in the time domain - however, an add on "analyze" is available for ac simulation of the system (transfer functions, Nyquist plots, root locus (!!)

Added after 2 minutes:

Ohh - I forgot: A huge amount of examples is available out of many areas (chemistry, electronics, power systems, physics, microsystems,..)

henry90176

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thanks for LvW answer !
I'll go to understand !

I second the SIMULINK suggestion, if you have access to it. I have used it for system-level simulation of all sorts of things. From sigma-delta ADC to noise canceling headphones. There is most lickely a block set for anything you need + getting to know MATLAB is always a good thing.

henry90176

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
You can look at VSS from Applied have research. It has both Time Domain and frequency domain simulators. You can co simulate between circuit level and system level. Its much easier to use than simulink and has much better RF models - including support for S-parameters etc.

https://web.awrcorp.com/Usa/Products/Visual-System-Simulator/

Status
Not open for further replies.