Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How do I increase circuit voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.

radb

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I'm working on an interface between a radio and a sensor, but am having trouble getting the sensor to detect the voltage being output by the radio. The idea is that when the radio receives a signal, a control line in the radio drops to earth. I wanted to wire this control line to the sensor to wake it up when low, but am having trouble.

The problem is the potential difference between the control line and earth is only 5mV. I would like to boost this up to 5 or 12V for the sensor to activate. I've tried using a PNP transistor circuit, but with my limited electronic knowledge, I think the transistor is detecting the 5mV as a ground.

Any help would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks kspalla,

I initially thought an OpAmp would be the go, but got some advice from someone to use a transistor. :|

Back to the drawing board! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.