Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How do compilers interpret gates in a structural HDL adder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

p11

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Suppose if i try to design a full adder using half adder .we will declare components for and gate , xor gates etc . My question is how the compiler will understand how to do the and operation , or operation . I mean if x,y are inputs to an and gate and y be its output then should we need to write y <= a and b; if yes , then how to write and where to write , plz upload a program as an example .

I'm sort of at a loss as to what your real question is. I'm not sure if you are confusing yourself with structural coding v.s. behavioral coding styles.

A synthesis tool uses a library of vendor primitives and maps the HDL to those primitives. If you specify an AND/OR/XOR etc gate in your HDL, then the synthesis tool looks for a gate that does that function in the vendor's primitive library.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back