Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can I identify cars?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mobn

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi every one. i am doing my final year project Intelligent Traffic Control. This system will take snaps of all the four sides of the traffic intersection and these snaps will be processed by a processor which will anlayze each snap and count the number of cars. So i need to know which algorithm is needed to identify and count the cars in the snap you are given.

it seems that H.264 can tracing a moving object and get its profile

Hello vcforever but my problem relates to still pictures, why because my system will decide on the basis of traffic load on the roads so as to which side should it give the green signal to. i need to have an algorithm which deals with Digital Image Processing in this regard that is to count the number of cars in a snap. after the green light turn of a side is over it will take the snaps of all the 4 sides again and analyse to give the next green signal.

Hi

Hi friend
Check Matlab Toolbox.. I seen a application in image or video toolbox application for sensing car ..
I think this is a good starting point for u
best regards ..

ok i will see the matlab toolbox. i hope i get something, thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back