Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how can i erase m28w160ct

Status
Not open for further replies.

manowar10

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,

i have a broken coship 2300a sat-receiver. the only chance to bring him to life is a jtag with jkeys.

my problem is that i cannot erase the flash 28w160ct

jkeys recognized the flash correctly, but when i try to erase it it says error during erase.
i found out, that the flash is write protected, but i didn´t know how to unlock it.

has anyone an idea how to unlock the 28w160ct ?

thanks in advance

cheers
frank

Hi!

I have a same problem with jkeys (error erasing flash)!

The flash is M28W160ECT I've checked the schematics and pinouts and I think that the flash is write enabled!

Strange to me is that I can read from the flash but cannot write back the new dump.bin form another receiver.

Another strange thing is that I can read out the segment example 7FE00000 to 7FF00000 and write it back without problems but if I change only 1 bit of information it this section I get the write error.

Perhaps am I I'm using false jkeys.def???
I'm using theese ones
IRD, 42, "skymaster", 8, 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, , , , , , , "Fre", 0, 0
IRDFlash, 42, "M28W160CT", 0x88CE , 0x7Fe00000, 0x200000, 2, 2, 0

Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back